Rapid Rehousing Case Manager
DCRC is seeking a Housing Case Manager to provide assistance to victims of domestic and sexual violence in our rapid rehousing program. The Housing Case manager will assist victims served by providing: screening clients for participation; providing crisis counseling, support, personal advocacy, safety planning, information, referrals, assistance with identifying and obtaining housing, assisting with moving into new housing; providing assertive engagement to assist the clients in successful transition to permanent housing; serve in DCRC’s staff on-call rotation; and participation in the Durham Continuum of Care and other housing related collaborative efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Human Services or related field, or 4 years of equivalent experience.
- Minimum two years’ experience providing services to victims of domestic violence, sexual violence and/or human trafficking and/or working in the field of homelessness services.
- Strong collaboration, communication, and teamwork skills needed.
- Experience working effectively with a diverse population and a commitment to anti-oppression models of service.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- The position is a full-time exempt benefited position, with hours to be scheduled flexibly to meet the needs for the program. Some evening and weekend work will be required. Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Immigrant Outreach & Services Specialist- Part-time
DCRC is seeking an Immigrant Outreach & Services Specialist to inform the Spanish-speaking community about its services and resources regarding domestic violence and sexual assault. The Immigrant Outreach & Services Specialist will be a part of the Immigrant Services team. Some of the responsibilities of the role include: providing outreach to the Latinx immigrant community, supporting the 24-hour Spanish helpline operation, participating in staff on-call client support rotation, crisis intervention, emotional support and case management for primary and secondary survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault.
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services/related field or 4 years of equivalent experience
- 1-2 years of experience in the field of domestic violence and/or sexual assault strongly preferred
- Strong written and fluent verbal communication in both Spanish and English
- Demonstrates an understanding of the need to provide outreach and services in a culturally and linguistically sound manner
- Demonstrates experience and ease working with diverse communities
- This position is an hourly on-site part-time role with 30 hours per week. Hours are Monday-Friday between the hours of 9 am- 5 pm. Send letter and resume to email@example.com.
Spanish Helpline Relief Advocate-Part-time
Durham Crisis Response Center, Durham’s domestic violence and sexual assault agency, is seeking a part-time Spanish Helpline Advocate. The Spanish Helpline Advocate provides quality crisis intervention, support, information and referrals to clients on the 24-hour helpline Friday evenings through Monday morning.
Duties will include:
- Provides crisis intervention, support, basic case management, information and referrals to help line clients.
- Ensures appropriate referrals are provided to helpline clients, both to DCRC staff and outside the agency.
- Provide support over the telephone to Spanish-speaking victims entering the shelter after hours.
- Communicates system-level issues, individual client issues/trends to Immigrant Services Coordinator to ensure improvement of agency and community response to domestic/sexual violence.
- Answers LAP calls and provides safety and follow-up planning for clients.
- Arranges for hotel stays as needed, and communicates with LAP staff regarding follow-up needs.
- Provides documentation to the LAP team to track services for the program.
- Maintains appropriate documentation of help line clients.
- Attend monthly meetings with Immigrant Program staff.
Bachelor’s Degree in human service field, or equivalent number of years’ experience, and a minimum of one year of work experience in the field of domestic and sexual violence including experience in crisis intervention OR a minimum of two years experience as a volunteer with a domestic and sexual violence agency, including experience in crisis intervention. Bilingual (English/Spanish required).
Durham Crisis Response Center (DCRC) is not-for-profit agency that works with the community to end domestic and sexual violence through advocacy, education, support and prevention.
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
DCRC is in great need for bilingual Spanish speaking volunteers &/or interns to assist with our Immigrant Services program. The primary need is assistance with our 24-hr helpline during the weekdays. The helpline is the main access point for client assistance. Calls can range from basic information and referrals to crisis intervention and case management. We offer on-site and remote training for those that are interested. Scheduling is flexible.
We are appreciative of your consideration in supporting survivors of domestic, sexual and family violence and human trafficking.